Sunday, December 20, 2009

KK necklace

Lucy has  received and opened the necklace I made as her Kris Kringle present, so I can now show everyone else. The beads were made from Primo polymer clay. I think it is called Blue Pearl. I was surprised that the colour wasn’t even throughout each bead. I’m not sure if it’s meant to happen or if I somehow messed up but I actually like the effect.

005I haven’t got my muse back as far as paper or digital art is concerned, but I am really enjoying the jewelry side of things.

1 comment:

Papagodesign said...

Hi Marg,

I just stumbled across your fabulously inspiring blog.

As a polymer clay artist I can clarify the issue of uneven colours. Pearl clays contain mica particles, which alter the colour depending on the direction they align - from light to dull dark. To get them all uniform the clay has to be run through a pasta machine many times until the top becomes light and bright and the cut edge dark. There are many techniques which rely on this for decorative effects. For uniform colours it's best not to use a pearl one.

It's a lovely necklace!!!!

Cheers
Sabine