Saturday, June 21, 2008

I have finally gotten around to photographing and uploading the completed beach huts piece. I took people's comments into account and then thought about what worked for me. So I added texture in via modelling paste in the sand area and some clouds. I didn't want to add too much to the sky. Then I used the deck chairs to join the beach huts but tried to put them on different planes, so they didn't just lined up. I think the car, behind the palm tree is a bit too small, but that's all that would fit. It would have been lot easier if all this had been planned before I started, but then I wouldn't have had the benefit of everyone's advice! So thank you to everyone for their comments.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Marg it looks fantastic, well done!

Anonymous said...

Terrific!! I love the new texture in the beach and the sky, the new elements added! Everything really looks pulled together now. I'm mystified as to how you lightened the hut next to the tree, but it works. Good job picking and choosing the advice that worked for you and making it yours!

Linda B.

Genie said...

Lovely work.

Ro Bruhn said...

I love this Marg, the colour is fabulous and a great layout.