Saturday, August 2, 2008

Italy here we come!

My friend Sue and I are travelling to Italy in just under 2 months time. We went there in 2005 (it was my first visit since 1975) and loved it so much we decided we would return in 2008.

With just under 8 weeks before we depart, I am getting quite excited, especially as I start to book some entries so we don't have to queue for hours. I found a site Initaly where entry passes can be bought in advance for the Uffizi gallery and several other places in Florence, plus major sites in Rome and Venice amongst others. They should save heaps of time rather than queuing. I also found a site where I could purchase a discount card for government owned  transport, churches, museums and galleries in  Venice.

I wish I had more time to study my Italian vocabulary. I have been taking classes for a couple of years now but don't do enough studying and find my brain won't retain nearly as much as I would wish. Still hopefully I will be brave enough to at least attempt some discussion in Italian.

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

Piccola Università Italiana said...

Hello from Southern Italy,
we are an Italian language school in Tropea a beautiful city right by the sea...
Send us an e-mail in case you want to come down south.
Simone from the Piccola Università Italiana

www.piccolauniversitaitaliana.com
or send me an e-mail to:
marketing@piccolauniversitaitaliana.com