Saturday, August 23, 2008

Play Day with Ingrid

Technorati Tags: ,

Last Monday Kathy and I got to spend a whole day "playing" with backgrounds at Ingrid's place. Ingrid showed us a printing with string technique she had seen in Cloth, Paper, Scissors . She has done some gorgeous work and we were really inspired by her samples . We were also pretty impressed with her workspace and her very calm inducing house. I think her neat freak husband, Tim, may have something to do with that. I wonder if she hires him out!?

Here are a couple of backgrounds I made - string2

The one above started off as a blue sheet and then I printed with a red paint, then some dark blue and finally stamped some cogs. bluealteredI then decided to play a little in Photoshop and added a couple of brushes. The most distinct one is  from Missm-abstractgeometry. (Try as I might, I can't find the link to post for this). I just love Photoshop and only wish I had more time to learn to use more of it. Maybe next year. I also really appreciate all the work so many artists put into developing fabulous brushes. I think when I have time I might start a list of brush links.

 

One of my other pieces was done using the negative of the string on the brayer. I started here with dark green green and gold string paper.

No comments: