Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A gift from Ben- professional photos taken.

Ben had two weeks at home for Easter and informed me he had arranged for us to have professional photos taken. The last ones we had, I think he was about 10! I was chuffed to think that he'd want  to do something like that, but I do hate having pics taken as I am not at all photogenic, and hate the forced smiles.

Anyway, the process was not at all painful, though I did discover I actually pull away from the camera and it it felt very awkward and unbalanced to  lean forward.

Heidi  used a digital SLR to take  over 120 photos, which were immediately uploaded so we could make our selections before we left. I must say I was really  happy with lots of the photos and it was difficult to narrow them down. We eventually got it to ten.

The pics arrived today and I couldn't be happier.  My favourite is this . IMG_3315 It was the only one that looked any good in black and white. We ordered an 8 x10, but when I got home and had another look at our smaller images on the receipt I decided I wanted a bigger one again so I ordered it in a 12 X14, which I may just have mounted behind glass rather than framed.

There were several of us that I really liked but these in particular-

IMG_3360IMG_3279 

BTW Ben is semi crouching in the first one, so the height difference is not so great!

And who'd have believed I could look this glam!

IMG_3247 I had mentioned to Ben that I hoped Heidi didn't attempt to take out my wrinkles. Admittedly she used a portrait lens but I still have my crows feet etc but they just don't stand out! This photo is pretty much as it was originally shot.

It was well worth the money, but I am trying to get Ben to accept that this could be my 60th birthday present rather that just a gift out of the blue.

No comments: