Monday, August 17, 2009

Never enough!

I have mentioned my friends, Claire and Kirk, before and how I love the sunsets viewed from their property in north eastern Victoria. I visited them again recently and didn't bother to take my camera from the car as I thought I had enough sunset shots from their place. How wrong I was.

Kirk and I were talking, when I looked out the window and flew out of my seat shouting, "oh my god!" The sky outside was the most amazing streaks of pink and gold. Of course I couldn't immediately find the camera in the bottom of a suitcase in the car, and by the time I did, the best of it had gone. Here's some of what I did manage to capture -

IMG_5117

 IMG_5121

I don't actually know if these are the best shots, 'cos i still haven't got full colour. Long sigh......

Anyway my new laptop should arrive on Wednesday and then I just have to figure out how to connect it to the internet via a wireless network.

On the way home from their place the following day, I saw a rainbow such as I have never seen before. It wasn't so much in the sky, as entirely in front of a row of hills, so that the hills themselves were painted different colours. Of course I couldn't find anywhere to pull over so I couldn't capture it. However,it has inspired me to try some digital imaging to try to recapture something of what I saw. This will be one of my first projects when my new computer arrives.

No comments: