Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wings on things

Here's my entry in the Three Muses' Wednesday ChallengeThe Scream Revisited.

The Scream Revisited

I guess it only very loosely fits the description as I think I was supposed to put wings on something that doesn't necessarily have wings. Still, the bird's wing is "on" the "screamer"...

After last weeks cheery entry I wanted to try something a little gothic. When thinking of wings, I immediately came up Alfred Hitchcock's film, "The Birds". It was then just a matter of finding a way to portray the horror.

The skyline and birds are brushes from JMC Designs- Skyline. The sky is from one of my own photos, and the "screamer" is my rendition of Munch's character.

It is deliberately greyscale to suit the mood.

14 comments:

Judy said...

Sheer horror 'The Birds' I remember screaming VERY loudly at the movies, brilliant interpretation, I love the 'dark-side' of some of these themes!
(from just across the 'ditch'!)
JudyNZ

Anonymous said...

Brilliant take on the theme and i do love the 'scream ' character ... excellent and imaginative piece
hugs June x

Sandy said...

Wow this is scary.
Brilliant design.

Femmy said...

fantastic!!!!

Willy said...

Fabulous collage!

Martina said...

This is delightful!!!
Fantastic artwork. I love it.

LivArtNow said...

This is just hillarious :) Super idea!!!

Linda

vintage wil said...

Gorgeous!!

indybev said...

I love the creativity of this piece, from your using your own photograph for the background to your personal version of the screamer (which is quite credible, by the way!). Well done!

Ozstuff said...

Well, of course your picture qualifies for the wings theme! Just count all those birds and imagine how many wings there are. Fantastic. I love the black and white Gothic touch and the uniting of Munch's famous scream with Alfred Hitchcock's horror. So creative. Great artwork.

Taluula said...

Ah now this I like ...... lots ... what a nice piece of fun. So glad you joined in our challenge.

Lori Saul said...

Fantastic collage of two very scarry known pieces- wonderful gothic interpretation - love it!

Betty said...

Great piece, nice take on the theme.

WrightStuff said...

Ach Ach Ach - hear the screech of the birds as they SWOOP over and over - sharp little beaks peck peck pecking! Very evocative. Hope I don't have a bad dream!! I like this one - quite entertaining actually!