Sunday, September 6, 2009

Two for one

Last week I sent Ben a birthday card, only to realise that he would arrive home before the card reached him. I had to think quickly of a card to make, as I wouldn’t have time to buy one. I decided the Three Muses Wednesday Challenge (http://thethreemuseschallenge.blogspot.com/ ) might be the starting point so I made a card with him as Charlie Chaplin.
Being short of time this week I decided to use that image and the original for my entry in the challenge. I wanted to play with ordering layers. I still have a lot to learn, but here is my effort for this week.
A bunch of Charlies A Crowd of Charlies!

4 comments:

Ozstuff said...

What an inspired greeting card and what a wonderful take on this week's theme at the Three Muses! The red floor "pops" and is the perfect foil for the crowd of Charlies. Fantastic work. Thanks so much for participating - and hope to see you back on Wednesday for our "moon" theme.

Taluula said...

I am amazed at the cleverness of this and the fact it's a personalized card to boot. There is something special about black and white with a dash of red don't you think? Wonderfully inspired.

indybev said...

What a fun card for Ben to receive, and aren't we all lucky we get to "tune in" and see it too! I like your layering experiment very much!

Terri Kahrs said...

What's better than one "Charlie"??? A whole bunch of them!!! This is awesome! Love that it's such a personal creation too. Hugs, Terri