Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Piece and Announcement

still liferesized

Still Life

 

For a while now, I have been wanting to do another canvas  using some of the techniques taught by Traci Bautista. I have had the petals cut for quite some time but  never managed to get any further. As I had to miss Myday I decided today was the day. I'm unsure about the pink background, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the result.

And now for the announcememt ..........

My sister, Kathy, and I have started a new Yahoo group Sister Arts to promote any workshops we may organise in the future. Last year we organised workshops with Michael Demeng, Ro Bruhn and Judy Wilkenfeld. We like to stay small and only organise a couple of workshops a year, ones we really want to do ourselves.If you would like to join Sister Arts click the button in the sidebar.

I have been so flat chat I haven't written anything about Judy's 2 day workshop here yet. I am a very slack blogger I'm afraid. It doesn't help that my graphics card seems to be cooked. I have  had problems for ages but now, the computer crashes continually and I can't really afford to get it fixed, because I am frantically trying to get enough money together for a second trip to Turkey, and then to Greece at the end of May. Anyway, Kathy has done a slide show of the workshop on her blog so if you want to check it out, head over there kattstuff to check it out.

 

 

 

3 comments:

Elizabeth Golden said...

I love your flowers, just the thing to brighten the day.

peggy gatto said...

This is the place for me!!! Your art is very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! :) wonderful colors..great canvas paintings.
Artfully...Traci