Sunday, February 8, 2009

Greatest Victorian disaster ever.

After waking this morning to news of the utter devastation around Victoria and the loss of lives and houses including most of the two  townships of Kinglake and Marysville,I thought I needed a reminder that nature is always awesome but mainly beautiful.

I saw this video some time back but couldn't download it as the traffic was so heavy. I guess a lot of people were inspired too. I know that during times of disaster, most people come together,and I'm sure this will happen here. Wouldn't it be nice though, if we could just ignore all our differences and concentrate on our humanity, all the time.

If you are interested in seeing what has been happening here have a look at the ABC News link. There are lots of stories and links to video footage.

With floods in the north and the worst fires on record in the south, what more do the naysayers need to be convinced that climate change should be a priority. Surely it is better to be prepared and be wrong, than the other way around. And for those who think the economy should come first, one question: Just how much will these disasters cost us?

No comments: