Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Havin' a heat wave,........"

The temperatures here over the past couple of days reminds me of when I was in Egypt in 2007! Only a couple of degrees difference from the high forties, and one 50 degrees celsius day there, to the mid forties here. The main difference is that the air conditioning  in most places we were in was better that mine at home, though an hour or so outside was very challenging!

        20070606_0585

That's me, all covered up, at Abu Simbal. I'm guessing it was around 48 degrees. There was no shade and it was not cool inside as I thought it might be.

The first hot night I slept in my bedroom with a damp towel on top of me. The second and third, I abandoned my environmental scruples and slept on the floor in the living area with the ac on low. It's back in the thirties now, but I haven't turned the ac on yet. I'll wait until I am a melted blob and then give in. I guess I am very lucky to be able to have this moral dilemma when many have no choice at all.

There's a breeze building up and storms are forecast. Not a comforting feeling as lightning is often what starts bushfires and I live on the edge of one of Victoria's most dangerous areas for fires.

I have unexpectedly found myself with more time on my hands than I thought I would. So I went out and bought myself a Dremel work station. I want to start making more found object jewellery and the drill press makes it so much quicker and easier.

IMG_1914

My new favourite toy. Now what needs a hole in it?

At the moment I have been making charms for a swap. The first set are mini dominos charm and I have made clay faces for a second set, which may or may not end up in the swap, depending upon what faceelse I can come up with.

 

 

 

 

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The heat is not letting up her, goin got be a scorcher for the weekend.
And the dremel press is divine! I got to work on one and now would nto want anything else for jewelery...excellent..