Monday, October 10, 2011

Back on Board

I haven’t blogged for around two years. Life got in the way and, when I wanted to be creative, I felt I needed to spend more time doing, and less time reading and writing on the web. Having found my muse, got my studio up and running again, and attended a few workshops, I feel I have something to contribute again.

The first thing I would like to share are the pics of my beautiful repurposed coat made in the workshop held by Ro Bruhn and Patsy Worledge.063 I highly recommend this workshop.  Ro and Patsy  take two students at a time, help with the design elements, 064065 and Patsy does all the sewing on her industrial overlocker.How good is that! Not only that, but I have a one-off garment I would happily spend a considerable amount of money on, if I found it in a boutique.

My fellow student, Maha, also made a beautiful coat totally different from mine. So if you would like to get an idea of the types of things you could make, check out the page on Ro's blog and then, if you live in Melb., do yourself a favour and contact Ro re organising a class. No I don’t get a commission, I’m just a very happy customer!

2 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Wow Margaret your photos look wonderful, I'll put a link to them in my next blog post, your colours look more real than mine did. Your coat is really beautiful, I hope you enjoy wearing it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a job well done - a great result, Margaret.