Tuesday, October 11, 2011

More Art Journaling

130001

 

 

 

 

This page started with some unsuccessful printing using a felt table mat. I liked the blotchy green effect though, and over printed it with a foam printing block traced from another table mat.  Then I added the orange stamp made from a matt board shape. Then it sat for weeks because I couldn’t figure out what to do next. I resisted text because my text is underwhelming, to say the least, Finally, I decided to try to draw a pomegranite, one of my favourite shapes, and then the flowers. I googled for images to copy as I totally lack confidence in my drawing. I used both cheap water colour paints and the fabulous Derwent Inktense pencils in the colouring.

 

100001

A very similar process used here.

140001

Another of my favourite shapes. The printing on this started as navy and red. I hated it! Out came my new best friend, gesso! The lime sparked it up a bit. I really like using the water colours and the Intense pencils as  the background really shows through, and here it adds texture to the poppies.

Maybe one day, if I have anything worth saying, I will add text to these, but for the moment, I am happy to leave them as is.

2 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Love your journal pages Marg, your poppy heads are great. I've cancelled sketching for tomorrow and will see if we can get enough for next Wednesday.

Heather said...

Beautiful journal pages - I love your shapes and layers and must pluck up the courage to have a go at that myself one day.