Saturday, May 24, 2008

Collaborative Book Page



I completed my page for the Arty Oz collaborative book some time ago but didn't scan a page. I found my extra pages a couple of days ago.
I wanted a retro look and originally decided on an image of Audrey Hepburn. Then I found this beautiful photograph of Marilyn Monroe and decided use it. The idea of using the cuttlebug embossing pad didn't come to me until I had completed the background and thought it just needed something more.
Strangely I didn't connect the diamond embossing with the stone on her finger and the quote until I has completed the page and showed it to my sister, Kathy. It was simply a fortuitous coincidence.

3 comments:

artymarty said...

Loving your blog Marg. Thanks for commenting on mine. Love the Marilyn piece and the Michale Demeng work. Wish I had been to the retreat.
Martina

Gail said...

I love your page Marg, can't wait till we get all the pages together and see them in real life.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Oh wow Marg
this looks lovely and how amazing to add the cuttlebug diamonds and not realize the saying matched LOL....I still have mine to make and have no idea what I will do!!
cheers
Annette