Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Time for Something Arty







I haven't done much in the way of arty stuff lately so I'm posting some old and a little new. "Who Knows Where the Time Goes" and "Destiny" are pieces I did in a workshop that my sister and I organised with Michael Demeng when he was last in Australia. We all had a terrific time and learned so much from Michael, a very warm and geneous teacher. And I finished a piece each day, something very unusual for me in a class!!

Gothica is an ATC I made for a swap. I used Photoshop extensively for the images both in the background and foreground and made the bat stamp myself.

The jigsaw piece is for another swap- Rich Red and Gold. I was a little stumped for a decent image which would fit the shape without having to do too much tracing and cutting in such a limited space. Then, when I did the background and the paperclay image, I thought it looked very Baroque, so I decided just to decorate rather than add any more images. It's not the sort of thing I usually do but I'm quite happy with it. I have no idea how it will fit into the completed jigsaw as there were no other guidelines. It will be interesting to see how the individual pieces combine.








Now I just need to learn how to manipulate my images on this screen better. All tips gratefully accepted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gothica is such a great work!!

In case you change to wordpress blogs, I will be glad to help you out.

Teresa Abajo said...

YAY Marg - welcome to blogland!

Yvette said...

"Where time goes" is such a wonderful piece. Ijust love it.
All your art if just fabulous!

Lorri said...

Welcome and happy blogging to you. It's great to share and blogs are terrific for that. Nice to see you here.
You might like to check out VOX for blogging - I love it there too! Feel free to visit me if you like.
http://www.artivity.vox.com

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Great to see you in blog land Marg...wonderful pieces there...love them all :o).
hugs
Annette